Monday, May 26, 2008

The first in a series

Inspired by my last night's rooting through my collection of out-of-print Renaissance anthologies and happy memories of studying a couple thousand lyric poems of the 16th and 17th centuries en route to my PhD, I'm adding a new page element to this blog--at the very bottom of the page, past the end of the current blog posts.  

It's called, "There's more to the English Renaissance than Shakespeare" and will feature obscure but nifty poems by the multiplicity of English poets from the 1550s through the 1650s whom I admire and think should get more press.

Whomever you are out there, I hope you will tune in for this roughly weekly feature.  Our first featured, under-appreciated Renaissance poet is Robert Herrick.  See the bottom of this page.

No comments: