Monday, November 06, 2006

Isn't there a Dido song about the Republicans?

Isn't there? With every interview they do on TV where a flagging Republican looks staunchly into the camera and says, 'it doesn't matter what the polls say,' or 'I don't believe in polls, Larry,' and then juts out his (or her) jaw and continues to talk about staying the course in Iraq and 'winning'--all that runs through my mind is the chorus to that Dido song (White Flag?) that runs, "I will go down with this ship, and I won't put my hands up and surrender" . . . .

OK, I actually downloaded it from iTunes so I could double-check the lyrics--the song also runs, "I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again. I caused nothing but trouble, I understand if you can't talk to me again."

Wasn't Black Flag a roach spray?

No comments: